09 April 2009

Nine times Nine times Nine times Nine

As it be April nine in two thousand nine;
I ponder on the heritage of my maternal bloodline..
The feet at which my paradise lies was birthed on March nine;
from this my analytical thought process franticly seeks to pinpoint a sign...
Six sisters, two brothers, plus me equals nine;
Coincidence?  Not all, this undoubtedly was strictly by design...
Now as I ascend to the feet of my Grandmother, rest her soul, born June nine;
my mental excitement intensifies from this numerical history injection into my lifeline...
Nine times Nine times Nine times Nine is six thousand five hundred sixty one;
wait, seconds ago my thoughts lightened my load now suddenly they weigh a ton...
What difference does it make today that Granny departed this life on July nine;
is this just my continued attempt to locate my ancestral glow in a world that promises me no shine???
On the calendar March is three , June is six added together they make nine;
"in that there must be some significance?"  I can hear my self worth whine. 
Oh and what about me being born on the twenty-seventh day of January in nineteen sixty-nine?
In my reflection that fact brings into conception a history that I desperately grasp as mine!!!
Ultimately, GOD redeems whomever HE wills....says the Holy Qu'ran in verse twenty-seven of Chapter Nine;
which I admit into evidence as proof...this, descendent of a slave, girl's historical ties are being restored despite attempts to untwine...
nine times nine times nine times nine may hold no true ancestral significance at all;
but it is the equation that lends me footing in this life's game of identity crisis hardball...Amelah E.

No comments: