06 April 2009

March into April

Forward march I move into April now;
inspired by my brotha' to lay some letters down...
From my screen, me be not so skill'd as he;
so I hesitate, but only for a second or three...
For me, being skill'd has never been my matter;
I merely write as an attempt to quiet the silent chatter...
As my fitra's cries, simultaneously I hear my naffs scream;
both wanting to be the navigator that will determine my final dream...
Or my final nightmare depending on which one wins;
I long for all my deeds to be pure, yet so many of them are sins...
So for me the most passionate kiss is my forehead to the floor;
as I intimately beg the Oft Forgiving to forgive me once more...
Ya Rabbi...forgive me, forgive she, forgive he, forgive we;
forgive the masses for the many things that have come to be...ameen...Amelah E.

1 comment:

Shama Yahya said...

"As my fitra's cries, simultaneously I hear my naffs scream;" I love this line! I think this sums up the battle to maintain our Iman when Allah tests us. My naffs are screaming right now.